This was a great week.
It’s so awesome to see performance increase in Pretio, the YYJ Tech community and Victoria as a whole.
Here are this week’s top performances:
- For the second year in a row, Victoria was voted #1 city for women to live. Which is probably why there is a 3-1 female to male ratio. Which also makes it a great place for men to live.
- Following the prediction that Victoria is Canada’s next big startup hub, two of our local tech startups added some proof to the pudding. LlamaZOO won a $10,000 Regional Startup Award and Flytographer reported 6500% growth!
- Major props to two of Pretio’s team members who participated in the Goodlife Marathon last weekend. While you were enjoying Thanksgiving with your family, they were out crushing the pavement. Dan ran the full, Nathan the half. Both achieved PB’s, and both reached for that second piece of pie after dinner.
- Want to improve the performance of your mobile ads? eMarketer came out with a study on “What Makes the Perfect Mobile Ad”, #1 is being able to save and access it later, #2 is coming from a trusted source. And after recent events, I’m sure “not being delivered on a Samsung Galaxy Note7” should be added the list.
- Our founder and COO Ty Sinclair can now add another role to his resume: Dad. On October 7th, Ty and Victoria welcomed their first child Ferris Donald Sinclair (also know as Pretio Baby #2) to the world. We couldn’t be happier for them, and no performance at Pretio has suffered due to Ty’s paternity leave
That’s all folks. Enjoy your weekend!
-Taylor and the Pretio Team
Wondering why Pretio is talking about performance so much? It’s because we believe that advertising should back out to performance. ALWAYS.
We also started a Performance VLog. You can check it out here.